Newton is building the future of finance, today, with a growing host of services for investors and traders. Today, Newton offers no-fee trading on a variety of popular cryptocurrencies.
We are hiring a Chief Compliance Officer to join our growing team!
Newton was created to support a future where financial systems are open to everyone and built to empower people to embrace financial freedom. We believe cryptocurrency plays a role in that future, so we're making it more accessible to all Canadians. Newton team members are spread out across Canada within a fully-remote capacity.
As the Chief Compliance Officer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Providing strategic direction and recommendations to the CEO regarding operating plans;
- Ensuring all regulatory reporting is accurate, complete and timely;
- Leading the compliance function, maintaining and developing compliance policies and procedures as required;
- Championing the management and testing of procedures and policies designed to meet applicable securities regulatory requirements.
- Leading in the design and distribution of compliance-related training to employees stakeholders
- Assisting in the organization of internal controls evidence, including approval oversight and regulatory submissions.
- Supporting third-party vendor oversight, ongoing risk reviews, and due diligence.
- Leading in the preparation of banking and compliance regulatory filings.
- Supporting regulatory relationships and development of responses to regulatory examination requests and inquiries.
- Educating and support personnel on compliance matters in addition to promoting policy and procedures in terms of understanding, engagement and application;
Nice to Haves:
- Minimum 5 years of senior compliance and operational leadership experience in the financial services industry (ideally focused on investment funds);
- IIROC experience is a must;
- A unique combination of strategic focus, combined with a hands-on, operational working style;
- Highly motivated, self-directing and results-oriented;
- Business-focused, with exceptional judgment and demonstrated decision-making skills;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and team leadership skills; and
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
At Newton, we celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!