Newton is building the future of finance, today, with a growing host of services for investors and traders. Today, Newton offers no-fee trading on a variety of popular cryptocurrencies.
Newton has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Security Engineer to join our growing team!
Newton was created to support a future where financial systems are open to everyone and built to empower people to embrace financial freedom. We believe cryptocurrency plays a role in that future, so we're making it more accessible to all Canadians. Newton team members are spread out across Canada within a fully-remote capacity.
As the Security Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Architecting, designing, implementing, maintaining and operating information system security controls and countermeasures.
- Analyzing and recommending security controls and procedures in acquisition, development, and change management lifecycle of information systems, and monitors for compliance.
- Reviewing and recommending security controls and procedures in business processes related to use of information systems and assets, and monitors for compliance.
- Monitoring information systems for security incidents and vulnerabilities; develops monitoring and visibility capabilities; reports on incidents, vulnerabilities, and trends.
- Responding to information system security incidents, including investigation of, countermeasures to, and recovery from computer-based attacks, unauthorized access, and policy breaches; interacts and coordinates with third-party incident responders, including law enforcement.
- Administering authentication and access controls, including provisioning, changes, and deprovisioning of user and system accounts, security/access roles, and access permissions to information assets.
- Analyzing trends, news and changes in threat and compliance environment with respect to organizational risk; advises organization management and develops and executes plans for compliance and mitigation of risk; performs risk and compliance self-assessments, and engages and coordinates third-party risk and compliance assessments.
- Analyzing and developing information security governance, including organizational policies, procedures, standards, baselines and guidelines with respect to information security and use and operation of information systems.
- Developing and administering, or providing advice, evaluating, and overseeing for, information security training and awareness programs.
Nice to Haves
- Experience growing and scaling a security team.
- Fin-tech and/or crypto professional experience.
- Personal passion for crypto.
At Newton, we celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!